This Thanksgiving I made my FIRST EVER turkey! I followed my mother’s famous recipe. My mother-in-law assisted me in my efforts. We brined the turkey overnight. Cooked the bird for four hours. The meat fell off the bones! It was so tasty. We had some leftovers and I was not sure what to do with them. I decided to make my first pot pie! Below is the recipe. It is super easy. Enjoy!
Margarine, 2 tablespoons
Onion, 1, chopped
Flour, 2 tablespoons
Salt, 1 teaspoon
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
Low Sodium Chicken Broth, 1-1/2 cup
Non Dairy Creamer or Soy Milk, 1 cup
Cooked Turkey or Cooked Chicken, 2-1/2 cups, cubed
Frozen Mixed Vegetables, 1 bag
Puff Pastry Dough, defrosted according to package directions
Garlic Powder, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Melt margarine, and saute chopped onion until golden.
3. Blend in flour, salt, pepper. Cook over low heat for one minute.
4. Stir in chicken broth and creamer. Stir until thickened and bubbling.
5. Stir in chicken and vegetables. If more liquid is needed, add more soup or creamer. Adjust seasonings according to taste.
6. Pour mixture into casserole dish.
7. Roll out enough to dough to cover the top of the dish. Place dough over the mixture and adhere to the sides of the dish. Brush dough with beaten egg. Puncture the dough with a fork in several places so steam can escape.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.