Passover ended last night and boy am I happy to be eating bread, pasta and pizza again (ALL OF THE CARBS).
This past week, E and I were craving pasta but unfortunately we couldn’t have any due to Passover. While they weren’t exactly what we wanted I decided to make zoodles instead! They are so MUCH healthier then pasta and equally delicious! They also take no time to cook. My prep and cook time combined was about 10 minutes! Talk about short on time cooking!
When I am serving zoodles at a dairy meal I sprinkle with fresh parmesan cheese. When I am serving with a meat meal, I typically serve with my famous paleo turkey meatballs!
Great as a Main Dish or as a Side Dish
Zucchini, 3, washed, unpeeled with the ends sliced off
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
Fresh Ground Pepper
Tomato Sauce, 1-1/2 cups
- Using your Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Slicer, cut the zucchini into spirals, making zucchini noodles aka ZOODLES! Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat your Le Creuset Skillet on the stovetop on medium heat. Add three (3) tablespoons of EVOO to the skillet once hot. Once the EVOO is glistening, add the zoodles.
- Within a minute of adding the zoodles to the skillet, add in the sea salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and dried basil. Zoodles cook quickly so you have to watch them!
- Allow the zoodles to cook for another minute before adding the tomato sauce.
- Once the sauce has been added, cook for one to two additional minutes until the zoodles are just cooked through.
- Serve immediately!