A couple weeks ago there was a Blue Apron recipe that used Za’atar. Za’atar is a Middle Eastern spice blend. E and I had never had it before! Blue Apron really has pushed us out of our comfort zone! It is always exciting to try new ingredients. It had such an interesting and different flavor. Of course, the very next day I ordered a bottle for my spice cabinet!
Instead of spicing up a protein I decided to spice up one of our new favorite vegetables, cauliflower (I am even growing some in the garden). We ate it as a side dish to to some sautéed sausage and onions. It complimented the meal perfectly!
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover your Farberware Roasting Pan with foil and spray with PAM.
- Place all of your cauliflower into a large plastic bag or bowl.
- Drizzle the cauliflower with EVOO until coated.
- Sprinkle with the za’atar. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Pour onto your Farberware Roasting Pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Serve immediately!