We are now the proud owners of a REAL dining room table! Thank you Emmor Works!
Now that we have a dining room table we can host dinner parties! A few weeks ago we had some friends over for Friday night dinner. I was struggling to think of something new for dessert. For my birthday this year my in laws treated us to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Warren, New Jersey, Stone House at Stirling Ridge. After a delicious dinner, I ordered a slice of their olive oil cake for dessert. It was outstanding. I knew I had to try to replicate it at home. This dinner seemed like my perfect opportunity!
I searched online and found Melissa d’Arabian’s Orange Olive Oil Cake recipe and decided to give it a shot. It was AMAZING! I had to tweak the recipe a bit because I was serving a meat meal (and I couldn’t mix meat and milk). See the adapted recipe below!
White Flour, 1-1/4 cup
Sugar, 3/4 cup
Vanilla Extract, 1-1/2 teaspoons
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (“EVOO”), 1/3 cup
Orange Zest, zest of 2 oranges
Orange Juice, juice of 1 orange
Baking Soda, 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray your Wilton Round Cake Pan with PAM and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs and the sugar until combined.
- Add the orange juice and orange zest and mix well.
- Drizzle in the EVOO and vanilla. Mix until light and smooth.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into your Wilton Round Cake Pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes and then serve!