We have been listening to a lot of his music since our visit and last night while baking I took some inspiration from him. From what I understand, Elvis loved the combination of bananas and peanut butter. Who wouldn’t?! They are quite a delicious pairing.
Instead of going the healthy route by just spreading some roasted peanut butter on banana slices, I decided to bake! It had been a while and my office mates deserve a Friday treat every now and again. The results were delicious! It made for a tasty and special Friday breakfast. Hope you have a great weekend!
Margarine, ½ cup
White Flour, 1 & ½ cups
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Sea Salt, ½ teaspoon
Baking Soda, ¼ teaspoon
Dying Bananas, 3 mashed
White Sugar, ½ cup
Brown Sugar, ½ cup
Eggs, 2 large
Pure Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Roasted Peanut Butter, ¼ cup
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray loaf pan with Pam or use parchment paper (my usual choice).
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking powder in separate bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, granulated sugar & brown sugar till creamy.
- Slowly add eggs, vanilla and bananas.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Be careful not to not over mix.
- Fold in the peanut butter.
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan and bake until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (45-50 minutes).
- At 40 minute mark, if top appears to be browning too quickly, cover with foil lightly.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.