Today was not a healthy eating day. Nope. Today I wanted something decadent for dinner so I decided to go with one of my all time favorite meals – my mama’s homemade mac and cheese. It is so rich and creamy and it feels like home. Hope you love it as much as I do!
Rigatoni Noodles, 1 box, cooked
Margarine, 2 tablespoons
White Flour, 2 tablespoons
Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon
Fresh Ground Pepper, 1 teaspoon
Garlic Powder, 1 teaspoon
Milk, 1 cup
Mozzarella Cheese, 1/2 cup, grated
1. Add margarine, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a medium sauce pan.
2. Once the margarine has melted add the flour and whisk until smooth, removing all lumps.
3. Slowly pour the milk in and whisk until smooth. Turn the heat up a bit to medium/high.
4. Add the shredded mozzarella and whisk until combined.
5. Continue whisking until the sauce has thickened, for about 5 to 7 minutes. The sauce will thicken even further as it cools.
6. Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked pasta and mix until the pasta is evenly coated. Pour into a PAM’d Pyrex and then top with more shredded mozzarella. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until all the additional cheese has melted. Serve with garlic bread or with your favorite salad!