It’s the freakin’ weekend, baby I’m about to have me some fun!
We are starting this Sunday off with some fancy lady scones! This week’s box of produce from Stony Hill Farms had four beautiful peaches in it. As soon as I saw them I knew I had to bake with them. I wasn’t in the mood to bake a crumble so I decided on scones. While everyone I know loves to eat scones, most don’t enjoy making them. They can be difficult sometimes but this recipe is super easy. Hope you are having an amazing weekend and you are spending time with the ones you love! I know I am!
Cold Butter, 1 stick, cubed
Flour, 2-1/2 cups
Baking Powder, 2 teaspoons
Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
White Sugar, 3 tablespoons
Eggs, 2 large
Vanilla Extract, heaping 1/2 teaspoon
Milk, 1/2 cup
Peaches, 4, pitted, sliced and diced
Blueberries, 1/2 cup, washed and dried
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with a Silpat.
2. In your KitchenAid mixer, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and cold butter until it looks like breadcrumbs.
3. In a small bowl beat together the milk, eggs and vanilla.
4. Slowly pour the milk mixture into the KitchenAid and and turn the mixer on. Once everything is combined turn the dough out onto a floured counter.
5. Add the diced peaches and blueberries into the dough by folding it in.
6. Pat the dough into a circle and then place on your Silpat covered baking sheet. Cut into triangles with a pizza cutter.
7. Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You can also tap the scones. If they are hollow then they are done!
8. Cool for 20 minutes and then serve! You can serve with butter or your favorite jam.