As you know, E and I have been getting a weekly box of fresh produce from one of the local farms here in New Jersey, called Stony Hill Farms. Every Wednesday, it is such a fun surprise!
This weeks box included one of my favorite summer vegetables — CORN. It is so versatile and delicious! And it is extra sweet in the summer! I really love grilled or roasted corn on the cob. Today I decided to roast the corn with some onion powder and paprika in the oven on the cob. Once done, I cut it off the cob and threw it into a bowl with some of my other favorite veggies. I wanted a dressing to tie it all together so I thought something sweet and tangy would be nice. Hope you enjoy this fresh summer salad as much as I did!
Corn, 2 ears, grilled or roasted
Avocado, 1, sliced and diced
Trader Joe’s Baby Heirloom Tomatoes, 1 basket, sliced into quarters
Trader Joe’s Crumbled Light Feta Cheese, 1/4 cup
Lime, juice of 1 larger lime
Honey, 1/4 cup
Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Fresh Ground Pepper, 1/4 teaspoon
1. Roast or grill the corn until cooked to your liking.
2. Cut the corn off the cob and place into a medium bowl.
3. Add the quartered tomatoes, feta cheese and avocado.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
6. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and then it is ready to serve!