I love boneless chicken breast. It takes on flavors so nicely and it is so easy to work with! It is always great in the Crockpot. Last weekend I wasn’t in the mood to make anything too crazy. I had recently purchased a bottle of Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce and I had been dying to try it! I decided to make shredded enchilada chicken in the Crockpot! I served it atop rigatoni pasta with an avocado corn crema. The chicken had a nice kick to it but the crema cooled it right down. Who said you can’t have great Mexican food on the east coast?!
**Leftovers stored nicely in the refrigerator.
Boneless Chicken Breast
Onion, 1, sliced and diced
Trader Joe’s Frozen Roasted Corn, 1/2 bag
Trader Joe’s Fire Roasted Tomatoes with Chiles, 1 can
Sweet Potato, 1, sliced and diced
Trader Joe’s Light Coconut Milk, 1/2 cup
Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon
Fresh Ground Pepper, 1 teaspoon
Cornstarch, 1 teaspoon with 2 teaspoons water, mixed (add at the very end of the cooking process to thicken the sauce)
1. Place all of the ingredients into the Crockpot.
2. Cook on low for 8 hours, until the chicken shreds nicely between two forks.
3. About 30 minutes before cook time is over, shred the chicken and add the cornstarch mixture.
4. Allow the shredded chicken to cook in the sauce and thicken.
5. Once the timer goes off, serve immediately.
Avocado Corn Crema
**Don’t make this until 30 minutes before serving
Avocado, whole, pitted and sliced
Canned Yellow Corn, 1/2 can, without juice
Trader Joe’s Light Coconut Milk, 1/4 cup
Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, 1/2 small lemon
1. Place all of the ingredients into a Cuisinart Food Processor.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.