Ever since the new Avengers movie came out, E has been dying to see it. It has only been out for a week! We decided last night was perfect for a movie date night in South Orange. I love that we can walk to the movies from our apartment! #bozzutolocal
The movie was showing at 7:00 PM so there wasn’t much time to eat dinner beforehand. I decided to make baby kale steak salads with some leftover brisket, which required little to no effort. But I was craving a warm veggie side for our meaty dinner. What to make??
We always have baby carrots in the house for our lunches so I decided to slice and dice a few up and sauté them in some coconut oil with chopped onion and garlic. E seems to like everything I make with curry so I figured that would be a nice spice to add in. The carrots were cooking down and softening up but they were missing something. I decided to add in some white cooking wine. It was just the trick. We finished all of them! This recipe is super easy and great for those short on time. Enjoy!
Onion, ½ diced
Garlic, 1 clove, chopped
Coconut Oil, 1 tablespoon
Curry Powder, 1 teaspoon
White Cooking Wine, ½ cup
Sea Salt, to taste
Fresh Ground Pepper, to taste
- In a sauté pan, melt down the coconut oil, on medium heat.
- Sauté the onions until slightly see-through. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the carrots and sauté for 5 minutes on medium to low heat.
- Sprinkle the curry powder, sea salt and fresh ground pepper into the sauté pan.
- Sauté the carrots for 3 more minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of the cooking wine to the pan and let the carrots simmer. This liquid will evaporate after 2-3 minutes more. Check to see if the carrots are tender.
- Add the rest of the cooking wine and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes. Once the carrots are fork tender, stop sautéing and serve immediately.