So it is still freezing here in Boston. Shocker. Because it is so cold, we have been trending towards heartier meals for dinner. Last night I made my husbands favorite food – crispy sausage with veggies. I was looking for something to have on the side and I had a bunch of sweet potatoes that I had sitting in the house for a week. I decided to try something new – cinnamon and sea salt. An interesting combination. Let me tell you, it was delicious. There were no leftovers! They were gone before the sausage!
5 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and spray with PAM.
2. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Put the sweet potatoes into a large plastic bag.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the sweet potatoes. Close the plastic bag and shake until the sweet potatoes are covered.
4. Season the sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sea salt in the plastic bag. Shake to cover the potatoes.
5. Spread the sweet potatoes out over the cookie sheet. Make sure that the sweet potatoes are not on top of one another.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender (or crispy on the edges).