2 sleeves of girl scout cookies – I used 1 sleeve of Thin Mints and 1 sleeve of Shortbread
1 stick of butter or margarine, melted
2 tubs of Tofutti cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Pulse the cookies in your food processor until they are crumbs. Add the melted stick of margarine or butter until the crumbs are coated.
3. Put the crumbs into your pie dish and press around until covered.
4. Bake the crust for 7 minutes until set and remove from the oven to cool.
5. Once the crust has cooled you can add the cream cheese mixture.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Once cooled, chill in the refrigerator until you want to serve!
Two weeks ago I hosted book club at my apartment. Each month we visit another members apartment and each bring a dish to share. I wanted to make a cheesecake from scratch but this time I wanted to also make the crust from scratch. I had seen the Pioneer Woman make her own on her Food Network show that morning and it seemed easy enough. She used Oreos for her crust – I decided to use Girl Scout Cookies. Two of my favorites actually – Shortbread and Thin Mints! It was such a hit at book club! Hope you like it as much as we did!