This weekend we attended a birthday party for my husbands little cousin. Everyone brings a dish and I decided to bring brisket! Who doesn’t love beef on a cold day? It was such a hit! There were no leftovers! Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture before we arrived at the party but let me tell you, it looked and tasted amazing!
1 yellow onion, chopped
~ 1 ½ cups BBQ sauce (use your favorite one – I like Sweet Baby Rays Hickory and Brown Sugar or Cola Q)
1 BEAUTIFUL beef brisket
~ 1 ½ cups light or dark brown sugar
~ ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
**You can also chop carrots and potatoes and sprinkle along the sides of the brisket and serve with the brisket – I like making separate side dishes so they taste different then the brisket.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a rectangular baking dish with PAM.
2. You may want to wear gloves for this part… Rub the brisket with the brown sugar on one side. Then rub in half of the BBQ sauce on top of the brown sugar.
3. Carefully turn the brisket over and place it in the baking dish. Rub the other side of the brisket with brown sugar. Then rub in the rest of the BBQ sauce.
4. Pour the soy sauce over the top of the brisket.
5. Sprinkle the chopped onion all over the brisket.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil. Make sure it is wrapped tight.
7. Bake for 3 hours.
8. Let rest for 30 minutes then slice and serve.