I served these at my family Father’s Day dinner as dessert and they were a hit! The cake was so moist!
Adapted from A Spicy Perspective
5 small ripe apricots, cut into slices
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon divided
2 large eggs
2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 teaspoon Cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon divided
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with Pam very well.
2. Using a Kitchenaid or electric mixer, cream 1 cup of butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and eggs. Scrape the bowl with a spatula.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder and 2 tsp. of cinnamon.
5. With the mixer running, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until combined. At this time add about 1/4 of the cut up apricots to the batter.
6. Scoop the batter into muffin tin.
7. Place 2-4 apricot slices in a pinwheel pattern on top of each muffin.
8. Mix the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon, then sprinkle over the muffins.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.