The meat literally fell off the bone!
BBQ Brown Sugar Ribs – Crockpot Cookin’
Short Ribs – Bone In
1 onion, chopped
1 scallion, chopped
1 clove garlic, diced
1/2 cup shredded carrots
1 generous cup of BBQ sauce (of your choice)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup beef broth
1. Drizzle a little olive oil and salt and pepper on the short ribs.
2. Heat up some olive oil in a skillet.
3. Once hot, brown the short ribs on all sides. Once that is done, place the short ribs directly into the crockpot.
4. Throw the chopped onion, scallions, diced garlic and shredded carrots into the crockpot.
5. Add the BBQ sauce, beef broth and dark brown sugar next.
6. Mix these around a bit with a spoon.
7. Cover the crockpot and set on LOW for 8 hours.
8. Serve with quinoa or rice for a hearty meal!
1 cup quinoa
1/2 cup medium salsa
1/2 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 cup water
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1. Make the quinoa according to the directions on the package but instead of using water use the salsa, broth and water combination.
2. Immediately add the vegetables to the quinoa so they cook at the same time.
3. Cook until the little translucent ring is visible or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.