A fancy dinner date with E requires fancy ingredients. We always order tuna tartare at restaurants. Why not try to make tuna steaks at home?!
Pepper Crusted Seared Tuna Steak
Individual Portion Size Tuna Steaks
Pepper or Spice Grinder
1. Drizzle the tuna steaks with a little olive oil.
2. Coat all sides of the tuna steak with fresh ground pepper and spices.
3. Wrap in saran wrap and let sit for 10 minutes with the spices.
4. Heat up a pan with some olive oil.
5. Place the tuna steaks in the pan.
6. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes for a medium rare steak.
Roasted White Eggplant
White Eggplant (Purple Eggplant will work as well)
Fresh Ground Pepper
Red Pepper Flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the eggplant in half and then cut into cubes.
3. Toss the cubes in olive oil and then coat with spices.
4. Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.
5. Lay the coated eggplant on the pan.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until soft and slightly brown.
Fiesta Bulger Wheat
Trader Joe’s 10 Minute Bulgur Wheat
Salsa, 1/2 cup
Vegetable Broth, 1/2 cup
Remaining liquid required per directions (water)
Cherry Tomatoes or Small Heirloom Tomatoes
Diced Yellow and Red Bell Pepper
Trader Joe’s or Ortega Taco Seasoning (to taste)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
1. Make the Bulgur Wheat according to the directions on the package but instead of using water use the salsa, vegetable broth and water combination.
2. Add the vegetables and seasoning after 3 minutes.
3. Cook until fluffy.