**served with Yellow Rice!
1 package of Trader Joes Fake Ground Beef or Yves Meatless Ground Beef
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
1 bell pepper (red, orange, green or yellow – or a combination), chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1/2 cup medium salsa
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
Ortega 40% Less Sodium Taco Seasoning – 1 tablespoon (or to taste)
Pinch of salt
Fresh ground pepper
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Oretga taco shells
1. Heat up a skillet with some olive oil. Add chopped garlic and chopped onion.
2. Once the garlic has browned and the onion is translucent, add the peppers and Roma tomato.
3. Allow that to cook down for a minute or two. The pepper colors will become brighter.
4. Open the fake ground beef, chop it up a bit so it is not a big block. Add to the skillet. Sauté with the vegetables.
5. Add the salsa and crushed tomatoes to the skillet. Simmer.
6. Add taco seasoning to the skillet. Mix everything around so that the seasoning hits every part.
7. Add a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
8. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top of the meat. Mix around.
9. Take the skillet off the flame.
10. Serve the meat inside of an Ortega taco shell, top with more mozzarella cheese!