Margarine, 1/2 cup (1 stick)
Whole Wheat Flour, 1 cup
White Flour, 1/2 cup
Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Baking Soda, 1/4 teaspoon
Banana, 1 large ripe
Gala Apple, 1 large, peeled and chopped
Granulated Sugar, 3/4 cup
Eggs, 2 large
Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon, 1 teaspoon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray loaf pan with Pam or use parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking powder in separate bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together butter, sugar till creamy.
- Slowly add eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, banana and apples.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the pecans (if desired).
- Spread the batter into the loaf pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (~50 minutes).
- At 35 minute mark, if top appears to be browning too quickly, cover with foil lightly.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.