2 lbs boneless chicken breast
1 plum tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 small potatoes, cut into chunks
3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup mild/medium salsa (I like the Trader Joes brand)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
Other ingredient ideas – roasted corn, shredded carrots, mushrooms — I didn’t use these because I didn’t have them on hand but next time I am going to!
Spices – you can also add some chili powder if you want more heat.
1. Cut up all of the vegetables.
2. Throw into crockpot.
3. Clean chicken breasts (it’s ok if they are partially frozen).
4. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
5. Coat the chicken with the salsa.
6. Then top with the chicken broth.
7. Make sure that the chicken is partially covered in broth and salsa.
8. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours and 15 minutes.
9. Take out the chicken pieces (if you can find them, as they are likely falling apart). Use two forks to shred the chicken. Once shredded, place back into the crockpot for another 15 minutes.
10. SERVE, EAT AND ENJOY!
I don’t know about you but I am utterly exhausted when I get home from work. The last thing I want to do it make dinner. What has made making dinner easier more recently is the fact that I have become OBSESSED/IN LOVE with my crockpot. In the last two weeks I have made butternut squash soup, beef stew, chicken legs with sweet potatoes and now this amazing creation! Prep is minimal and the result is absolutely brilliant! – JLW