Adapted from AllRecipes
Ingredients for Dough:
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cups whole wheat flour
3 1/2 cups white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Traditional Fillings: Raspberry Jam, Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chips, Apricot Jam, Poppyseeds, Prune Jam etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with Pam.
2. In a large bowl or KitchenAid mixer (I used mine for the first time ever making these!), beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the oil, orange juice and vanilla.
4. Add the baking powder and flour (one cup at a time, wait until each cup has mostly mixed in).
5. Stir the batter to form a stiff dough.
6. On a lightly floured counter, roll out the dough to a 1/4 thickness. Add flour if the dough is sticky (it was not for me, but if it is for you, this will help)
7. Cut into circles using a cookie cutter or biscuit cutter.
8. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of filling (see below) into the center of each circle.
9. Pinch the edges to form three corners – like the three corners of Haman’s Hat!
10. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
11. Allow the cookies to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet before removing and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.