Yesterday I went blueberry picking at Honey Pot Hill Orchard in Stow, Massachusetts with BMF. It was an amazing day filled with blueberries, apples, peaches, corn and even some fresh flower picking. When I got home I had a whole basket of blueberries and I had no idea what to do with them. Then I remembered that I had planned to have brunch with the ladies this morning. I wanted to bring something special so I decided to make mini blueberry muffins with the fresh blueberries I had picked! They came out so nicely! Very tasty! Such a hit at brunch. Enjoy!
Low Fat Milk, 3/4 cups
Applesauce, 1/2 cup
White Flour, 2 cups
White Sugar, 1/2 cup
Baking Powder, 3 teaspoons
Sea Salt, pinch
Fresh Blueberries, 1 cup
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Spray the muffin pan with Pam.
2. Blend milk, applesauce, egg in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Stir flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
4. Make a well in the center and pour wet ingredients into the well.
5. Stir with a spoon just until the flour is moistened. Don’t worry – the batter will be a little lumpy.
6. Fold in blueberries.
7. Divide batter among muffin cups.
8. Bake until golden brown; regular size muffins bake in 18-19 minutes, mini-muffins bake in 9-10 minutes.
9. Immediately remove from pan.